Monday, August 24, 2009

Student CPx @ Haskell Indian Nations University

Here is a little glimpse into what God did in my life at Student CPx in Haskell Indian Nations this summer. There was some really intense stuff that happened in two weeks - lots of healing and transformation. On the second day, my brother had a life-changing moment as he got a lot of freedom from things holding him back from his past. He got baptized with the Holy Spirit and then by the end of the trip got to lead someone to Christ and baptize him at the Kansas Universtiy Fountain. It was craziness...in a God way! I'll try to post more about all the awesome stuff that went down as soon as I can.


Alex getting prayed for and filled with the Holy Spirit.


Alex baptizing his friend Jon!



Going to Student CPx this summer really changed by life by opening my eyes and heart to the love of God and his heart for the nations in a way that I never understood before. I have always known that intimacy with God precedes mission, but I never really knew what that looked like until I was able to live it out this summer. Through the teachings and experiences gained from being with a dynamic community, I was able to better understand what it meant to live missionally and to see my campus as a mission field. More importantly, I was able to come to terms with the idea of God’s amazing love for me as an individual. I have heard about God’s love for me so many times, but as I was able to experience the reality of that meant for my life, I gained so much freedom. I have received healing in the places of my heart that were once motivated by performance and striving to please God. Through the revelation of his love, I have realized that the pressure is completely off of me.


At the beginning of Student CPx, I prayed that God would bring me freedom to live not out of fear or striving but out of love. I asked God to give me the freedom to live and to love out of the love I know he had for me. God revealed his love to me in a powerful way and changed my life by allowing me to be part of an amazing community. Now, as I go back to my campus, I am excited to bring the experiences that I have gained from Student CPx and create communities through which God can change lives just as he did for me this summer.


0 comments: