Monday, October 5, 2009

Got refilled and re-energized at the prayerhouse tonight!

Wooo! Jesus is good! I'm super exhausted right now, so I'll try to be brief. These past few weeks/months have been terrible. I have been so roughed up lately. It's been really sucky and really discouraging. I have been struggling internally and externally. Inside, I have been struggling with so much temptation, lust, and brokenness. Outside, I have been facing broken relationships and a lot of crappy situations that hurt my heart even more. To sum it all up, I have felt like a sitting duck. I'm out sitting on the water with nowhere to go, and I am just taking shot after shot, and it's starting to hurt.

But tonight, I went to the prayer room. We are in a season of 24 hour prayer for the next 30 days. Thank God! I was pretty pissed and not really wanting to be there. But I went anyway not really expecting anything. I sat there for the first hour kinda just observing and trying to press in. After about an hour, my friend Eric came and asked me if I would help him talk to a fraternity about joining a inter-Greek ministry type thing. It's really cool to see what God is doing through the Greek ministry at ASU. Anyway after that, I went back to the prayer room. It was pretty full because there was all campus worship going on. So I just stayed at the back and kind of just hung out.

After a while, one of my awesome friends Chris came up to me and started praying for me. It was so good to be prayed over. I have felt so disconnected and all over the place. Having him pray over was super-encouraging. I have struggled with my identity and validity the past few days, and I have felt really rejected and attacked a lot in those areas. But as Chris prayed for me, I felt so much better. Then, another guy came up and started praying over me and giving me a prophetic word. His name was Marco. I had kind of met him before, but he didn't know me at all, and I hardly knew him. But what he said was so right on. He basically came up to me and told me all about what God put on my heart without even knowing me or my name. The word he gave me was that I had discipleship all over me. God had given me craftsman hands and that I would know exactly how to speak into people's lives. He confirmed the apostolic passion in me. It was incredible.

These were all things that God has placed on my heart and has confirmed from time to time. But there is something about a timely word. Tonight, I definitely needed that word. As we talked, Chris went again and had Marco record the word on a digital recorder so I could keep it for the future, and so I got to hear it again. But something Chris said was really powerful. He told me "the prophetic reminds us of our identity." I have been struggling sooo much with my identity and validity. God spoke to all of those things tonight. I had been needing something sooo bad. Jesus showed up and ministered to me big time.

Afterwards, I got to talk to Marco, and we got to see that we have similar hearts. I look forward to connecting more with him in the future. Another prayer that encouraged me was a word that my friend Shaun Zajas gave me as he prayed over me. He said that I didn't have to worry about my identity getting knocked down. I was like a Red Wood tree. It is nearly impenetrable. He prayed that God had planted a seed and that now it was growing into something great and big like a redwood tree. It was so cool. He prayed that if I was a superhero my name would be legacy man because my legacy would last for hundreds of years and impact lots of people.

Ahhh!!! How encouraging is all that! Especially when I was feeling really crappy. God is sooo good! I needed a good encounter with Jesus. Being in the place of prayer did that for me, and it allowed me to get refilled and re-energized. God is good! He loves us all uniquely! Isn't that crazy. I got some good words of encouragement today. But can you believe that God has just as awesome and powerful words for you too! God loves us so uniquely that his thoughts towards us are more than the sand in the sea shore (psalm 139)!

Thank you Jesus for you love. Thank you that you love us uniquely and have thoughts for us that are more than we can even count! You never run out of good thoughts and things for us! May you remind us all that you are good and that you always show up for us in time of need!

I love you Jesus!

0 comments: