Saturday, August 16, 2008

The Call

Wow! So today was a pretty intense day to say the least. The youth group at my church held a day of fasting, worship, and prayer from 10:00am to 5:00pm. This event was held as part of a larger gathering of young people fasting and praying at Washington D.C. today named the "THE CALL." On this day in Washington D.C., about a million people from around the United States gathered together to pray and fast to end abortion and sexual immorality and see revival in America.

Just the fact, the youth group at my church decided to put on this event is amazing. I have seen so much tremendous growth spiritually in them in just this last summer. It is awesome to see how God is doing amazing things among our youth, and it's really cool to see my younger brother who is 18 lead them. I never really expected to see something of this magnitude put together by our youth group. But God has taken a hold of their hearts, and they have been committed to radically pursuing God through fasting and prayer.

Today has probably been the most intense time of worship I have ever experienced. I mean firs of all it just blows my mind to see high schoolers who are so talented musically and using those talents to glorify God. They are beginning to understand more and more what it means to be true lovesick worshippers of God. So as we were praying, everyone was just pouring their hearts out to God. As we sang , I began just crying out to God praying for Him to send revival. As I prayed, I became so overwhelmed my emotion that I began to weep uncontrollably. I don't think I have ever wept so hard in my life. It was such a refreshing moment of crying out to God and interceding on behalf of our church and our nation. I don't think I have ever felt the Holy Spirit so strongly moving in my body and in our presence. God is good, and He definitely is alive! I never expected to be so emotional and cry out so passionately, but there is something that just consumes you when you lay it all down before God and ask for revival.

I am so blessed and encouraged by my brother. He lead the prayer so well. He truly is learning more and more how to be lead by the Spirit and to cry out passionately for the youth he leads and the nation. It's awesome to see Him grow and step into His identity in Christ. I had such an awesome conversation with him the night before as well. I know I have failed as an older brother in a lot of ways. It was so great to be able to just openly talk to him, confess to him, and grow closer together. God truly has great things in store for him, and it's awesome just to see what God is doing. He prayed so many passionate prayers of revival today. It's no wonder that God has used him in remarkable ways to help the youth group grow. Our youth started out as a small group of 8 people less than two years ago. Today, more than 30 people come consistently to their weekly meetings. The youth group has no youth pastor. They are student led and guided by the Holy Spirit. It's truly remarkable and encouraging to see. There have been many difficulties along the way. But out of the brokenness and hardships, God is truly birthing a revolution - a group of young people who will truly impact the world.

Towards the end of our time of prayer, I got to go up and pray over the youth and challenge them to be set apart in prayer, purity, and passion. The Holy Spirit truly gave me the words to pray out and speak over the youth. As I called them to respond to the commitment to purity and to stand in the gap, it was so amazing to see so many of them come up to the altar and bring their brokenness to God. I know that God definitely saw their sacrifices of pain and brokenness, and those sacrifices were like a pleasing aroma that God could not deny. I know God has amazing things in store for our youth, and I know God has amazing things in store for our nation.

The youth of our generation are responding. They are rising up the call to be set apart and holy. They are rising up the call to stand in the gap and be a nameless, faceless army who makes straight the way of the Lord. The revolution is beginning. It's beginning in the youth groups, the high schools, and college campuses of America. It's beginning with young people passionately praying and fasting on their hands and knees seeking revival and saying no the things of this world. The army is being equipped. Only time will tell what they will unleash through the power of Jesus!

God, continue to equip your army. Raise up a generation who will have no fear - a generation who will stand in the gap. Raise up an army of young people who will say no to the legitimate pleasures of the word, for the extreme pleasures of knowing God. Raise up a youth who will love the Lord their God with all their heart, soul, strength, and mind. And love their neighbors as themselves. Protect their hearts and minds. Consume them with your fire. May they be shining lights that all may see. May they bring glory to your name, and not be worried about recognition for themselves. The whole world has counted them out and has told them that they are not good enough and they will never do anything significant. But God you are calling your generation back to you. You are calling our hearts back to our first love. May we never forsake our intimacy with you. Give us oil in our lamps that we will continue to burn with and everlasting light as a testimony to your love and power. We entrust this generation to you. We will give up our lives for the sake of the cross. What we once counted as gain, we now count as loss. All we want is you Jesus. End abortion, and bring revival to America! In Jesus name we pray, Amen!

0 comments: