Friday, September 5, 2008

Yay God!

Wow! Unbelievable! God is moving like crazy at ASU. Tonight has been one of the most incredible nights I have ever experienced in a really long time. I am so tired right now, but my Spirit is jumping up and down with joy inside of me right now. I don't even know how to explain or give words to how I feel right now. I don't really know what to describe what has just happened tonight. All I can say is that God is on the move and is working in peoples hearts like crazy!

Woo, so I don't know where to begin. God has been doing awesome things in people lives. People are becoming radically transformed and are coming to grasp the infinite love that Jesus has for them. It's so crazy to see what is going on in our churches and campuses. I am blown away by how God has been raising up laborers at this campus and across this city and nation. I am so encouraged by my brother. Here is a kid who is 18 and is leading the youth group at my church. He has no experience, no training, and no credentials. I can honestly say he just last year he was probably one of the most irresponsible people I would have known. But God has hit him hard, and he is leading a youth group that has radically experienced the presence of God. It didn't take a seminary trained youth pastor to work with this youth, it took one 18 year old kid who was willing to be obedient to the voice of God.

Just yesterday, he told me he poured out his heart and vision to the youth group. And get this, God called him to wash all of their feet! There was 28 of them there! Seriously? What the heck compels you to wash 28 peoples feet. Talk about service and humility. No wonder we have seen so much transformation in that group. People are standing up and following the voice of God no matter how crazy it seems. As you might expect, the service was very emotional and hugely transformational. Peoples lives were changed and lots of tears were shed. The presence of God is moving through the younger generations. It is a testimony that you don't have to eloquent or "qualified" to hear the voice of God and be obedient. All it takes is humility and obedience in seeking God's will for this generation.

Then tonight at our Crusade Meeting, the Spirit of God broke out like crazy. I keep saying crazy, but I don't know how to explain it. The Spirit of God was moving so strongly that at the end of the service a student came up to our speaker and as they talked the student decided to be baptized. So in the middle of the night everyone who was at the Crusade meeting walked over to the fountain and the student was baptized right then in front of everyone at the fountain. The Spirit of God hit him so hard that as soon as he got out of the water, he broke down in tears! Seriously? Is this really happening? Are we going to see the restoration of the New Testament church and Spirit of God break out like crazy?

I think so! Tonight, our speaker spoke from Luke 4:18-19 where Jesus reads a scripture from Isaiah 61. It states, "The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim liberty tothe captives and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who were oppressed, to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor." We are in such a crazy season here at ASU. God is moving rapidly and this year is definitely the year of the Lord's favor. He has been awakening people to the depths of His love and equipping people with so many gifts of the Spirit.

I am so blown away. After experiencing such a season of brokenness, it is mind-boggling to see how God is restoring me and allowing me to be in the middle of such a crazy act of God. What's even more crazy is that after the baptism, a friend and I started talking and walking together through the campus. God led us to go to one of the spiritually darkest dorms on campus. As we talked, we each shared our hearts with one another and the burdens we had experienced over the summer. As we shared, the Spirit of God hit so hard once again. We literally experienced the tangible presence of God. His presence was so heavy, my friend had a hard time getting up after we prayed. But it was crazy because we were sitting in the middle of a busy section next to the dorm. There were so many people around us. They were talking, smoking, and hanging out by the spot. But as we sat and talked and prayed, the atmosphere around us quickly changed. It was like we didn't even care that we were openly talking and praying about God. So as we prayed, the place began to grow quieter as people left. It was like we were in the middle of this area shining light in the midst of darkness.

I don't know how to explain it, but as I talked and prayed over my friend the Spirit of God was there in the midst of us. We went on to go on to Mill Ave - the bar district and just bring the light of Christ to that area. We didn't get to talk to anyone there, but we brought the presence of God with us. Words can't really express how I'm feeling or what I experienced. But God showed up for us in such a big way.

During the Cru meeting today, I was wearing my glasses and I felt like I needed to take them off. As I took them I felt like God was saying you need to seeing with your eyes, and see with my eyes. As I looked around me everything was blurry and God asked me what I saw. At first I didn't really feel like I saw anything - everything was blurry. But then it occurred to me, I was seeing the faceless generation. God was showing me that this is the generation He is raising up to be a faceless, nameless army that is not concerned with honors or recognition but with making the presence of God known. He was also showing me that I needed to stop looking at people based on their appearance and start seeing them as God sees them. God was showing me that I needed to stop judging people based on appearance and see that we are all loved by God no matter what we look like.

God has been awakening me to the fact that there is so much brokenness in this world. I have been reminded that the brokenness I have felt in this last season has been just a taste of the brokenness God feels for this generation. He wants to raise up His army that will be shameless and blameless before Him. There is something so beautiful about brokenness because when we bring it before God he cannot refuse it. God is going to bind the broken hearts and set the captives free. We must move beyond our brokenness and see the need of our generation. So often we get so blinded by the callouses and scars in our lives that we fail to see the brokenness of the world around us.

God is good, and He is preparing our hearts for something. We must all remain patient, and we must not get discouraged. The road is difficult and the path is narrow. But God is guiding each step and is lighting up our path. God desires that His presence be made fully known in this generation, but the only way we can make His presence fully known is we ourselves experience His presence.

God, I pray that you would continue to awaken our hearts to your greater vision. Release your power and your presence upon your people. Touch our hearts and allow us to experience the warmth of your love. God, it is our desire to know your presence and make your presence fully known. Continue to raise up the laborers and the lovesick worshippers. God we pray for more baptisms and more radical encounters with your Holy Spirit. You truly are a live and you are raising up a faceless, nameless army. God we are willing to surrender all that we have out of extravagant devotion for the love that you have first shown us. We are hungry God. We are desperate for a touch of heaven. Heal our hearts and make us whole! Make us thirsty for living water. May our hearts abound with love for others from the overflow of your love upon! We are so joyous to be in your presence. We are so thankful that you have shown your favor upon your people. God, we want more of your presence, more of your love. Release your greater gifts upon this people. Allow us to know you more and more to seek you face to face. We will give up whatever it takes to see your name and renown be made known our campuses, cities, and nations. Give us a righteous desperation that cries out give us our campuses or we will die! God, we want to have a passion worth dying for. Because without a passion worth dying for, there is nothing worth living for. Lord, we live out of the passion that you first had for us. That while we were yet sinners, You died for us. Thank you for the cross. Thank you for you extravagant love. Let the true worshippers arise! We will worship you in Spirit and in Truth! We love you Abba Father! In Jesus Name we pray. Amen!

0 comments: