Thursday, March 12, 2009

Prayer Walking Cholla

Wooo.... So I'm currently on a blog tear. I've written about 5 blog posts in the past few hours. I just really feel like what I have experienced in the past few weeks is important to document. I have learned a lot in this past week and it's important to hold on to the truths that God has been revealing to me. As you have seen, God has really put on my heart to step out in faith and love both God and those around me. This week God has given me the unique opportunity to walk out his heart of prayer and evangelism.

I'll start on Tuesday Night. My friend Michael Buster and I went out prayer walking around our dorm. We both were really convicted of the need to pray for our dorm and ask God to give us a movement within our complex. We walked around the dorm and prayed for nearly an hour. At one point, God really put on my heart to pray for those needing breakthrough financially. So we prayed for financial breakthrough as we walked around the dorms. We got to the parking lot, and we saw a friend we knew. We approached him and asked him if there was anything we could pray for. Crazily enough, he said he needed prayer for financial breakthrough. He had accumulated some debt and needed some financial breakthrough for God to provide for him so that he could go on mission trip to Africa over the summer. So we got to really pray for him and encourage him.

Next, we went back inside the dorm complex and prayed inside for a while. We saw a girl sitting by herself and we decided to approach her. We told her that we were praying for Cholla and wanted to know if there was anything we could pray for her for. She said that we could pray for the midterm that she had coming up. We agreed to pray for her, but before we prayed another friend came down, and we asked if we could pray for her too. It turned out that the friend was involved in one of the campus ministries. We got to pray for them both and talk to them. We found out that the girl we first approached had just gone to church for the first time in a really long time at the request of her parents. She had been questioning a lot of things, but it was really encouraging for her to be approached by us!

We ended up sitting and talking to these two girls for a while. We talked about the need for Cholla to have more of a community people. There were so many people that lived in the dorms, but no one really connected with one another. Yet it was really cool because we got to connect with one another and pray for them. It was a really cool opportunity that God brought to us out of a little step of faith we took. It was really encouraging for me to see though in seeing the faithfulness and creativity of God. I realized that it only took a little step of faith and initiative to see God do creative things. This gave me a lot of hope for the next day when I would take another step of faith that has turned out to be one of the most influential experiences I have had in a very long time.

0 comments: