Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Priorities

For so long in my life I have been plagued by procrastination and misplaced priorities. Tonight those things came back to bite me in the hardest way. I've learned a valuable lesson tonight that I pray will change the entire outlook of the rest of my life. There is one thing about procrastinating and mismanaging your priorities with school work. I've gotten away with that all my life. But you cannot always get away with procrastinating and mismanaging your priorities in relationships and life. I've hurt the people closest to me in the midst of my weaknesses and inadequacies. But I pray with all of my heart that tonight would be a changing point.

I pray that God would deliver me from my performance-based, perfectionist, procrastinating, priority-lacking lifestyle. I pray that God would give me a heart that truly knows how to love and care for others. May I be selfless and not selfish. Create a pure heart in me God, and forgive me for the ways I have hurt others, myself, and above all for hurting you. I pray that you would straighten my priorities, change my heart, and strip of me the distractions and hindrances that are keeping me from you.

Thank you for getting my attention God before it was too late.

0 comments: