Thursday, September 10, 2009

Wow....did that really just happen???

Wow....did that really just happen???

I don't even know what to say right now. I am filled with an incredible amount of joy right now. I am still scratching my heading asking myself, "did that really just happen?"

So this past week has been one of the craziest, trying times for me. I don't even know where to begin. I have been knocked down on my face crying my eyes out multiple times this week, but in the midst of it all God has found some way to redeem it.

This week my girlfriend and I broke up. It was the hardest thing ever because our relationship had brought us both so close to God. It was difficult to deal with all the emotions, but in the midst of it all, what the enemy meant for harm, God used for good.

Tonight, Sara and I were able to find so much closure and breakthrough as we begin to step into the next chapter God has for our lives. Though we are no longer together as a couple, we remain co-laborers in the calling that God has placed on our lives. We have committed to pursue the vision that God has placed on our lives and remain friends in that process.

It's crazy because this is far from what the situation was like just a day ago. Yet I can't help but sense that there is such a powerful move of God taking place in our midst. What seemed like a heart-breaking break up has actually turned into a life-giving and transformational experience that has allowed both Sara and I to realize who we truly are and live out of the identity we have in Christ.

I can't even begin to express the freedom and joy that I have right now in knowing that I have the freedom to be who God has called me to be and live out the crazy vision He has placed on my heart. It is so amazing to be reminded that I am not in this alone. I have realized that in the midst of all the craziness that there has been such a strong, committed community of friends and family who have prayed for us and walked us through this process.

I can't even begin to express the amazing amounts of gratefulness that I have for all of you who have prayed and wrestled with me through this past week. I have seen the power of prayer, and I have seen the heart of God. I truly am beginning to grasp more fully what it means for God's love to be made perfect in our weakness. Our weakness allows God to demonstrate his full love and grace when we submit wholly to him. I am able to experience the fullness of that in this moment. And so I thank you again for you who have prayed for and with me. Sara and I were able to get so much closure and breakthrough today as a result of the grace of God and his amazing love.

Looking forward, I am hopeful - hopeful that God is going to bring into completion what He has birthed in my heart and in the hearts of so many who have a burden to see heaven touch earth. It's going to happen. Let us continue to pray and press forward into the promises that God has for us all.

Thanks so much and thank you God for you amazing love! AHHH I LOVE YOU, JESUS!!!!

0 comments: