Thursday, July 24, 2008

Recap of final days in Japan.

So the last few days in Japan have been pretty crazy. This morning we left Nagoya and were sent off by some friends and staff members that we met along the way. One of our friends Sho stayed with us the night. It was really encouraging to see him helping us out and cleaning the apartment. He's not a Christian yet but it has been fun seeing his development in just the past weeks getting to know him.

Yesterday, was our last day in Nagoya. I went to our campus for the final time and met with some friends to do Christianity explained with Tetsu, Kaji, and Takeshi, who is on JCCC staff. Christianity explained is basically an evangelical Bible study that goes through the basics of the Bible with those students who are seeking. Tetsu was going through the final lessons of Christianity explained. He is so close to receiving Christ as his Savior. I was able to share my testimony with him and encourage him some. But there is still something holding him back. He definitely feels the warmth and tug of God calling his heart. But it wasn't his time yet. But nevertheless his life has been changing. I mean this morning he woke up really early and came to say goodbye to us. He said he got out of work at 2 last night and he lives about 2 hours away from the train station we were at. So he made lots of sacrifices to come see us. But I will always remember the image of him running after our bus saying goodbye to us. He was the last Japanese student I saw in Nagoya. God is definitely going to do amazing things through him. He has such a great heart and a desire to see more open and intimate communication between the Japanese people.

I also got to hang out with Kahori on the final day. Kahori has such an amazing heart. She is not allowed to go to church or hang out with Christians because her parents are against it. Yet nevertheless, she remains passionate and faithful to God. As we were going around shopping and looking around, she told me how she would rather worship God at church than go around and shop or do any things. Yesterday was also Sara's birthday. It was awesome to be able to celebrate her birthday together with her a team in the country she was born in.

The thing that sticks out most to me is the great conversations I have had here with my teammates and the awesome spontaneous prayer sessions we have together. Last night, I got to go out to eat with Jeff and Diana. One of the things we talked about was how our families and especially our brothers at home were doing really well. I know that I'm really proud of my brother. I just found out that he helped lead one of his friends to Christ just today. And looking back at all this, we realized that God is working in all our lives especially our families. It is like God confirming that we are supposed to be here in Japan. God has been taking care of us not only here but our families at home. It reminds me that when we are following God's will and led by His Spirit all things will work out according to his purpose.

It has been an awesome trip in Japan so far - so many memories; so many things to process through. But it has definitely been one unforgettable summer. I'm excited to come back home and share the stories of what God is doing and to hear about the things God is doing in the lives of those back at home. It's crazy to think that my story is only a small part of God's bigger story. It's definitely been one awesome adventure.

0 comments: