Saturday, November 8, 2008

Brief updates on Epic and 24hr prayer

So ya, God has been doing cool things here, and I really feel like I am beginning to come out of this season and step into something new. I am definitely a lot more excited and passionate once again. Epic went really awesome on Friday. I had no idea what we were going to do, but we gave it to God in prayer. My roommate said it was probably the best Epic ever. Instead of having our traditional gathering with worship and Bible study. We spent time introducing each other and then instead of worship with music, everyone drew pictures or wrote out things. After that everyone who wanted shared what God was speaking to them through their work. It was soo powerful. It was a humbling experience for me because I realized that it wasn't about me leading; the church is really about the pepole and the talents that the people bring that often get unnoticed. I am planning on writing more about this because some awesome things happened this week. I hope to start writing on a separate Epic Movement ASU blog, so be looking for that in the next few days hopefully.

Also, on Friday, we had a student leaders meeting for loveASU, the 24 hr prayer movement here at ASU. We talked about whether we should extend 24hr prayer or if we should end at the designated time. It was so amazing to come together with other student leaders to pray and seek God's direction. After we prayed, we got to hear people's experience at the prayer house and how their shifts were going. A lot of people talked about how they were beginning to wear down and have a hard time doing their shifts. As each person talked, we began to realize that God was preparing us for a new season here at ASU. For so long, we have been doing ministry and even prayer with the same strategy. However, I think God is showing us that he wants to move us from this old strategy, or the old wineskin, and give us a new strategy, or a new wine skin, so that He can pour out new wine, or a new anointing onto ASU. God is breaking us and shifting us to a new place and calling us into greater intimacy with him so that we will be ready for this breakthrough. Above all else, we talked about how our reward is not revival our breakthrough. Our great reward is Jesus and no other! Intimacy must precede intercession, for intimacy fuels intercession.

I also got to share my heart for moving from centralization to mobilization. For so long, we have been focused on a centralized, hierarchy of leadership. However, if you look at successful movements of the past, we see how they have been grassroots movements that empowered local, indigenous people. Whether it was labor unions, civil rights movements, or the Jesus' personal ministry, these leadership structures were focused on grassroots involvement and mobilization rather than a centralized hierarchy of leadership. Think of it this way - it is the difference between a spider and a starfish. A spider represents a centralized leadership structure while a starfish represents a decentralized, mobilized structure. If you cut the head off a spider, the spider dies, but if you cut off a piece of starfish, it becomes another starfish. We must mobilize rather than centralize. This begins with younger generation. God has put on my heart the freshman class of 2012. I believe that God is going to use them to do something amazing. They will be gatekeepers who invite the presence of God into our campuses. It reminds me of the prophetic parable told through the Dr. Seuss book, "Horton hears a Who?" In the book, it is the Mayors young son that is needed to shout out and save the city. Likewise, it is the younger generation like the freshman who we must empower to do the work of God in our generation.

So ya, I got to share a lot of things on my heart. And it was cool to see how those things are resonating on the hearts of the other people. Ahh!! Good things are coming! We must be faithful and press into prayer even more! I was so encouraged after this leadership meeting. One of my friends came up to me. As he prayed for me, he gave me this cool image that God gave him for me. He saw this image of a coin and there was a small little hole in the middle of it. He said that everything I said at the meeting that day was right on the mark, and it was like a shot a hole through the coin that hit right through the middle. He told me to keep that coin and have it as a remembrance of the work God is doing in my life and of those around me.

So there's a lot going on - a lot I need to process through and pray for direction for. But like I said, I am really excited and feel a lot more revived. I am looking forward to the coming shift and transitions in my life and that of others. I am ready to allow God to move through my life and guide my every thought and action. I am ready to get back in the game and allow God to use my full faculties for His glory. I am looking forward to blogging more frequently and starting up an Epic Movement ASU blog that will hopefully encourage others in Epic and ASU to share their stories online. Yay! It is a new season, and a new thing! The flowers are about to bloom in the desert. Pray that God will protect our hearts and minds and preserve our humility and innocence as we step into this new thing.

God, You are amazing! You blow my mind away! Thank you for your faithfulness and your love. God thank you for the hardships I have had to endure in this last season. Thank you for all the lessons I have learned. Help me never to forget what you taught me. Keep me humble and hungry for more. Thank you for this new season of transition. Thank you for an amazing wedding, and thank you for a fresh new revelation of your love. Continue to pour out your spirit and your revelation and prepare our hearts for the new things you are about to release. God, prepare our hearts as we transition into a new wine skin. Help us to be ready for the new anointing you will pour out. God, make us desperate for you as we cry out with intercession. Awaken a generation to be desperate for more of your love. God, we pray that what happens here changes the world. May our intercession be fueled by our intimacy with you! Pour out your Spirit! The Spirit and the bride say come! Thank you for the amazing imagery of you love which you reveal through the marriage of a man and a woman. God, we desire to lift you higher above all things! You alone are our hearts desire! Nothing else can satisfy our thirsty souls! We love you Jesus! We want more of you! In Jesus Name, Amen!

0 comments: