Friday, November 7, 2008

just some thoughts...

So I just got back from my spiritual father's bachelor's party. It was a pretty cool experience to be able to share with him and the other guys. It's crazy to think that his life is forever going to be changed in a couple of days. It's going to be such a huge transition for the two of them, but I think that this marriage represents kind of what God is doing here at ASU. It's crazy to think that this marriage is happening in November especially after the prophetic word I heard a couple of days ago about how November is a month of shifting and transition. I think God is definitely doing something special this month and is preparing the hearts of people for the big things he has in store next.

So aside from the bachelor party, I met with my discipleship group today. Only one of the guys showed up. We got together shot some pool and got to talk about different things going on in our life. We talked about just the spiritual climate of the campus and just things that were on our heart concerning Campus Crusade for Christ and just the campus as a whole. As we talked, we began to mention how we really just needed to start to pray. Something that God has really been putting on our heart is to pray for the Cru house where some of the guys in Campus Crusade live. The Cru house is also where we have leadership meetings, our Epic meetings, and other get together. God has really been putting this place on peoples' hearts. In fact, I have even had a couple of pretty significant dreams about this place. So as we were talking, we decided that we needed to stop talking and follow through with what God was calling us to do. So at that moment, we decided we needed to go the Cru house and start praying.

It was such a crazy experience as we prayed together in the shack in the back of the Cru house where we meet for Epic and stuff. As we prayed, God began to put things on our hearts and minds to pray for. We began to rebuke apathy, rebellion, sexual immorality, and other foul spirits that might be afflicting the place. It's crazy because so many times we have had prayer meetings and Epic meetings, people would fall asleep. There was such a heaviness there as we prayed. But as we continued to press in prayer, God kept showing us more and giving us discernment as to what possible things might be making the spiritual air heavy. It was like my friend and I became personally revived as we prayed. Our prayers became so specific and so passionate. The presence of God truly met us in that place, and we knew that we had to continue to press in prayer. For so long, many people have said we needed to pray for this place, but so many things have gotten in the way of that. So many things have gotten in the way of the body of Christ at ASU praying. I know that so many things have gotten in the way of me praying. Yet today, when we resisted this temptation not to pray, God showed up for us in an amazing way. As we prayed against things at the Cru house, we began to realize even some of the things that were afflicting us.

It was awesome to see how God has such a desire to meet us in the place of prayer. So many times I find myself talking about possible answers and solutions or things we should try next. And so many times, I have forgotten that what we need to is go to God in prayer. I think that so many times, I haven't believed that God would give me answers or provide insight to my problems. But time after time, God is showing me that he desires to show up for us when we invite Him to be a part of the process in prayer. I pray that this would be the start of something thing - a shift in the prayer house. I trust that God will continue to impart a spirit of intercession to people at ASU and around the world to contend for His will to be done.

I am learning so much more about my own inadequacies and insufficiencies. I am learning more about the things that are holding me back from stepping into my full destiny. I think there is still a lot of fear, immaturity, pride, self-seeking, and so much more. God is working on my heart still, and it is so humbling to know that God would use a broken person like me to do the purposes of His heart. It is such a blessing and an honor. It brings me to the reality of the fact that I am really nothing without God. He is so good, and I am thankful for His many blessings.

I am realizing more and more that as a leader I must model what I preach. I realize so much that I talk to much and have a lot of words to say. Yet I am realizing that many times these words aren't often received or understood. There is so much that I want to try to say and explain many times, but I realize more and more how actions speak louder than words. It is such an eye-opener to the reality that integrity is so crucial. As leaders, what we do is so closely monitored by others, and our actions give a testimony of where are hearts are truly at. There's so much on my mind, and I have a hard time trying to sort through everything. Yet, I am so thankful that God is in control and that He is watching out for us.

One thing that really struck me this morning was a conversation two women were having at the crosswalk today. They were talking about babies, and I just happened to catch part of their conversation. One lady was telling the other how ultrasounds these days show babies smiling in even the earliest stages of infancy. She said that in the old days, ultrasounds would only show a peanut looking shape. As she said this, I was thinking to myself how can we kill these babies knowing that even in the earliest stages of birth, we can see smiles on their faces. It brought to mind the reality, that babies even when first conceived represent a special and significant life.

So ya, just some thoughts on my mind that I wanted to get out there. It's pretty late here, but I want to make a better effort to record my thoughts and things on my blog. I just really want to record these things especially in this season of shifting and transition. God is going to do some pretty crazy things here coming up soon. It's going to be a big deal. I just pray that we would usher in the Spirit of God through our intercession.

God, you are big. You are awesome! Words cannot express the joy your presence brings to my soul. God, I pray that our generation would experience your joy, your love, your presence. Impart a spirit of intercession amongst your people. Awaken desperation in our souls. Bring unity to the body. Give us a righteous hunger and thirst to pray and seek your face. You said that those who hunger and thirst after righteousness will be satisfied. Satisfy us with your presence O Lord. Turn our hearts back to you. God, may we stop talking and start praying. Break off any hindrances that keep us from praying. We thank you Lord that you are faithful. We love you because you first loved us. Pour out your mercy and your steadfast love. In Jesus Name, Amen!

0 comments: