Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Veteran's Day Blogging!

Wooo.... So, I have been blogging a lot lately. I have been working really hard to try to remember and document some of the cool stuff God has been doing in Epic Movement here at ASU. I have been promising to update people on Epic, and so, now I have. I have a lot more work to do in trying to give a more complete history of last semester and this semester. But I have lay down a lot of the groundwork for what we have been doing this semester. Check it out if you get a chance: http://epicmovementasu.blogspot.com/. I have written blogs that are scheduled to post each day this week, so keep posted....haha no pun intended.

Anyhoo, I got a lot of work I need to do today. I am definitely trying to get back into the swing of things after my season of blahhness. Thankfully, I didn't have a lot of homework and stuff in the past couple of weeks. But ya, I have written so many blogs in the past week or so. It's kind of ridiculous. I guess I have just been slacking for a really long time, and I need to catch up in recording all of God's goodness.

So today is Veteran's day and 24hr prayer house was closed because of this holiday. But I really wanted to get some people together and pray for the future direction of Epic and for the campus in general. So, I went to the prayer house this morning. Two people from Epic eventually showed up, and it was so awesome to get together to worship and prayer for a couple of hours. It makes me so happy that people are responding to God. Michael and Lydia joined me this morning, and it was awesome because they could have been sleeping on this day, but they decided to pray instead. Brad was also in the prayer house because he didn't get the memo that 24prayer was on hiatus today. So we all prayed today.

Today is 11/11. There is something special about today. I feel like today is a day that represents life. I saw on facebook that today is Jaeson Ma's birthday, and it was on this day that he was supposed to be aborted. But God saved him today, and I feel like today is the birth of something new. So we prayed for the birthing of new things on this campus, and that God would pour out a new anointing. As we prayed, we got to hear Lydia play piano and lead worship for the first time. It's so awesome to see her respond to God. God is going to use her to do awesome things. I am so thankful that God brought Lydia and Michael Buster to Epic. Man, there are some crazy stories about how I met all of these people. Most of them were all divine appointments. I am planning on blogging about this one day on the Epic blog haha.

But anyway, there has been a lot stirring on my mind lately. I haven't exactly been able to put my finger on it yet. But it's good to be able to get back into the swing of things. I want to be able to just to trust God and give it all to Him. He has been showing me so much favor lately and has been opening up some new opportunities. One thing that made me really happy was being able to talk to all my friends from Epic Japan this past Sunday. It was great to see all their faces and catch up with them. I have been reminded of a lot of memories from Japan in these past couple of days. I guess its interesting to note that after all this time I am still in the midst of processing through all the things that happened. Seeing everyone has definitely helped in jogging those memories again.

Last night, I was remembering how Evan, Diana, and I would take a train for about an hour every Sunday just to go to church. It was frustrating at the time. But it taught us a lot about patience. And it was worth it every time. I remember one of those Sundays I got to share my testimony and Diana played Jesus, Lover of my soul. Gosh, so many awesome things learned on that trip. Just this morning, I was thinking about our prayer sessions that we had together in Japan. As I prepared to go pray with my Epic group at ASU, I remembered all those spontaneous prayer sessions we had in Japan. Those were powerful. I specifically remembered the time we all prayed together the day we stayed behind in Nagoya when everyone went to Tokyo. Prayer really brings people together and really opened my heart to what God was doing in Japan. I pray that He would do the same thing at ASU and across the nation. God has been working on my heart in a special way since that trip. I haven't quite figured it out yet, but it's all good. Jesus, do your thing! Good times!

Well, I need to get some work done and stuff, but I just wanted to stay caught up on my own blog. God is good, and I am continuing to walk along aside him. Here's to the new adventures ahead!

Jesus, you rock my world! Thanks for being so rad! I have no idea what I am getting myself into or what I have already gotten myself into. But I lay it all down and surrender it to you. God, forgive me for my fear. Help me to step out in boldness and no longer hold back. Help me to step out of my shell and walk into my destiny with you along my side. No more fear Jesus - Give us freedom! Work in our hearts! Birth something new today! Awaken Desperation! The light is coming! Shine on us, and may we never turn back! It's a new dawning, Lord! Lead us along the straight and narrow path. Fill us up with the Holy Spirit, and may we never lose hope in the light of who we are in You! You are good! In Jesus Name, Amen!

0 comments: