Saturday, November 8, 2008

One Legit Wedding!!!

Yay! Today was Chris and Heidi's wedding! It was legit! Seriously, there was some crazy Jesus anointing there! I have been a part of a lot of weddings, but I have never been able to experience such and awesome Spirit-filled service. There were times of worship in which I could feel the Holy Spirit moving so strongly in the sanctuary. The whole ceremony was a picture of beauty and an awesome representation of what the marriage between the church and Christ will look like. The vows they exchanged were so powerful. As I sat in the message, I was just in awe of Jesus. They took communion together and lit the unity candle together. I don't know what to really say. I am just so amazed and so honored to be part of a wedding in which Jesus was at the center of everythign that happened and the Holy Spirit was the most honored guess. It was amazing to be a part a celebration of two people becoming one that more importantly pointed to the oneness of the Bride(the Church) and Bridegroom (Christ). Chris and Heidi's wedding is what a wedding is supposed to be. Their marriage pointed to the greater significance of Christ and the Church, and Jesus was glorified in the midst of the celebration of people.

I am so honored to be a part of their lives. It is not only their marriage but their entire lives that emulate a passionate devotion and love for Christ. They have labored and prayed so hard for our campus, and their efforts have not been in vain. God has heard their intercessions and have rewarded them for their patience. It is so encouraging to hear their story of how they waited for one another and trusted God to provide. Psalm 37:4 was a key verse mentioned throughout the ceremony and reception. "Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart." Each of them waited so patiently and cast their eyes on Christ before all else, and in result, God has blessed them tremendously. They both have tremendous callings on their lives, and now that they are brought together, God is going to multiply that blessing.

I am especially blessed and inspired by their lives because I know their prayers have direcly influenced me. They are my spiritual mommy and daddy, and I know that it is through their intercession that God has helped birthed a passionate devotion for Christ and a desire to see church planted across the campuses, cities, and nations. Having been able to spend some time with them on a road trip to Colorado this summer, I got to see their hearts and their genuine love and compassion. I know that God is going to use them to raise up and give birth to a generation of lovesick worshippers and passionate prayers and church planters. God is going to bless them with both physical children and spiritual children that will impact the nations.

Like I said there was such a powerful anointing there, and their marriage represented so much of the raw passion that Christ has for the Church and the passion the Church must have for Christ. They read a passage from Song of Solomon that is so powerful. The imagery is amazing, and it represents this raw passion that we as the Church must have for Christ, and likewise it demonstrates the amazing passion He has for us.


"Set me as a seal upon your heart,
As seal upon your arm;
For love is as strong as death,
Jeslousy as cruel as the grave;
Its flames are flames of fire,
A most vehement flame.

Many waters cannot quench love,
Nor can the floods drown it.
If a man would give for love
All the wealth of his house,
It would be utterly despised."

Song of Solomon 8:6-7 (NKJ)

To go along with this passage, Misty Edward's song, "You Won't Relent" has been speaking to me so much lately. She uses the passage from Song of Solomon to further depict this beatiful imagery between the bride and the bridegrrom. It's soooo goood! Jesus is amazing, and He won't relent until He has all of our hearts. I pray that God will renew the love affair of the Chruch and Christ once again. Jesus is Sooooo Gooood! That wedding was LEGIT!



So ya, on a side note, after the wedding Shaun Grindle and I got to hang out. We talked about the awesome stuff God is doing on the campus and in our hearts. We talked a lot about the new wine skin God is preparing us for in this next season. As we talked, I was showing him my blog, and the cool things God was showing me through it. I started looking back at my blog to an entry on May 15 called "Faceless Generation." In that post, I talked about how God put on my mind the words "Media Revolution." As I read those words, I remembered the prophetic word that I heard when I went to this Christian organization last Tuesday called Transcend. God led me to go there to listen to my friend speak. They showed this video there (see underneath). And it talks about a media revolution that is going to take place in Phoenix. It's crazy because this word was given in May as well around the same time that God spoke to me the words "Media Revolution" in this blog post. So ya, I just wanted to share that because it encourages me in knowing that God is speaking to me. And also to encourage others to journal and blog and begin to write down the things God is putting on your heart and mind. As you continue to be faithful, he will confirm things that you wrote down as time goes on.





Hmm... I have some other thoughts. But I think I'll continue them in my next blog post. Yay God!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like the video! thanks for sharing.!