Monday, May 26, 2008

complete surrender

God, sometimes I don't understand why I feel the things I feel.
Sometimes I feel so cold to you - sometimes I don't even want to care.
Sometimes, I stop and think why do I even try.
But yet at the end of the day, I realize that you are in control.
You open up divine appointments and you are working in mysterious ways.
Forgive me for trying to do things on my own and seek my own selfish ways.
But you always bring me back to you and encourage me to lift my eyes.
You alone are God above and you alone are my delight.
May I give to you my heart, my strength, my soul.
May you take all I have.
I surrender to you and give you my life.
You are the potter; I am the clay.
No longer will I be in dismay.
For you, My God are watching over me and listen when I pray.

Even when I turn my back. Even when I dont care.
You are nearer to me when times are hard and you listen all the same.
The bitterness, my lack of faith - you see it and yet you love me all the same
How could you see the depths of my dirty heart and still reach out to me in love?
I am sinful and deprayed, yet you have given me your son.
God, I pray that in my heart you will tranform and purify.
I long for the day when your will be done on earth as it is heaven.
But until that day comes to this earth, teach me Lord to wait.
You will grow us in your time, for time is in your hands.

God, it's been a hard weekend. Full of ups and downs. Yet you remain sovereign over all things. I thank you so much that you are working in my life and in the lives of those around me. I am sorry for my excuses - for not running after you when you say to go. God, I don't want to hold back anymore, I want to give you my all. I want to know your heart. I want to love as you loved - to have compassion for all. Give me patience to trust in you and wait for your perfect timing.

God, I pray for my family, my friends, my church, my campus. Bring unity and cast out division. We long of the day when you fully reside in our midst and we see the restoration of the New Testament church. Hear the desperate pleas of your people; hear our repentance on behalf of our generation. God, we pray that you would open up the eyes of your people. Lead them to the cross. Open up their hearts that they will be lead to fasting and prayer, radical repentance, and complete surrender. The cry of our hearts is to bring you praise, to make your name famous. Humble our hearts, crush our spirit of pride and self-seeking. All we want is you Lord! You alone satiate our deepest needs and desires. God we long for you! Teach us to love, to serve, to give you our all! Amen.

0 comments: